- The Guardian -- How to get published in academic journal: top tips from editors
- Tulane Faculty & Mentoring Initiatives: Intro to Publishing
- 25 Great Resources for Breaking into Academic Publishing
- Writing and Publishing for the Health Sciences
- Writing a scientific paper
- Writing a paper in scientific journal style and format
- Publishing your research
- Strunk's Elements of Style Online
Zeiger M. Essentials of Writing Biomedical Research Papers. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1999
Goodman NW, Edwards MB, Medical Writing: A Prescription for Clarity. 3rd ed.
Cambridge, UK; Cambridge University Press; 2006.
Altman DG, Schulz KF, Moher D, et al. The revised CONSORT statement for reporting randomized trials; explanation and elaboration. Ann Intern Med. 2001;134;663-694
Moher D, Schulz KF, Altman DG. The CONSORT statement; revised recommendations for improving the quality of reports of parallel-group randomized trials. Ann Intern Med. 2001;134;657-662.
Altman DG. Statistics and ethics in medical research; study design. Br Med J. 1980;281;1267-1269.
Tufte, ER. The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. 2nd. ed. Cheshire, CT; Graphics Press; 2001.