Applications for the Undergraduate Activities Fund (UAF) will open on the 1st day of the semester and close 10 days later. Please note that each class requires its application.
The Spring 2024 application cycle is now closed.
***Please look for communications regarding deadlines at the beginning of each semester.
The goal of the UAF is to promote ongoing interactions among faculty and students -especially those early in their college- beyond the traditional in-classroom instruction.
Examples of UAF-funded activities include:
- Setting up a special out-of-class Zoom meeting with an outside guest(s) on a topic germane to the class and fun for the students. The "fun" part is crucial here - this should not be just another lecture.
- Field trips that can be done via streetcar or city bus to sites of relevance for the course.
- Events outside, say in Audubon Park.
- UAF funds cannot be used for the purchase of alcohol or equipment.
- COLQ and TIDES classes are ineligible for funding.
- While we welcome guest speakers, there are some limitations. If they are an international speaker (possibly doing a Zoom session), they must have a US-domiciled bank or a banking institution that will cash US-based checks. Due to the amount awarded, wire transfers are not an option.
- We highly encourage all faculty members to use their T&E cards instead of their personal credit cards.
Faculty members can work with their Department Administrators to process a reimbursement through Concur. Faculty members are highly encouraged to use a T&E card for these expenses. If the Faculty member does not have a T&E card, inquire with your department.
Upon completion of the Concur report, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs for accounting codes to be allocated correctly. Please note: The faculty member is ultimately responsible for building and submitting their expense reports promptly in Concur, per university policy. Reports submitted in the past 45 days or outside of the semester the funds were granted will not be honored.
Please note that the reimbursement process has different requirements if you pay a guest speaker or honorarium. Contact email@example.com regarding applications, reimbursement, or general award questions.