The Provost's Office, in partnership with individual schools, provides tuition for faculty to participate in the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity's (NCFDD) Faculty Success Program (FSP). The Faculty Success Program is a 12-week online program designed to teach tenure-track and tenured faculty the skills to increase research and writing productivity while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
As a Faculty Success Program Participant, you will learn how to:
- Set achievable personal and professional goals that align with your institution’s priorities and your own values.
- Create a realistic and concrete plan to meet your goals.
- Establish and maintain a healthy and sustainable daily writing habit.
- Develop a publication portfolio that will exceed your institution's criteria for promotion.
- Better manage your time spent on teaching, service, research, and writing so that it aligns with your goals.
- Identify obstacles that are holding you back and strategies to move through them.
- Prioritize your physical and emotional health.
The Faculty Success Program is open to tenure-track and tenured faculty members. Because the program is highly specialized to focus on tenure-track and tenured faculty members, participants must be in a tenure-track or tenured position during the program.
Complete application instructions are listed below.
If you have not done so already, activate your Tulane sponsored institutional membership with NCFDD.
Applications will be accepted for three sessions:
- The Spring 2024 application cycle is now open until November 10, 2023.
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee, and recipients will be notified. You must agree to participate in the program for its duration and share your experiences with the Provost's Office via an evaluation of your experience such as a presentation, report, or other format. Recipients will also be required to meet with Anneliese Singh, Associate Provost for Faculty Development/CDO.