"The Teacher Who Changed My Life"
You know the one – smart, sure, but quick witted, engaging, even inspiring. The one who pulled you through the door to see things you’ve never seen before.
Nominate that teacher for the Weiss Presidential Fellowship, awarded at Commencement for exceptional undergraduate teaching.
Nominees should have achieved success in:
- making distinctive contributions to undergraduate teaching such as challenging and well-organized presentations of the subject, adaptability to the learning needs of students, innovative approaches to course materials, creation of scholarly materials for student use, availability to students outside of class;
- influencing students beyond the formal role as a teacher such as advising or mentoring individual students, advising student organizations or groups, serving on teaching and curriculum committees, interacting informally with students;
- helping students such as aiding in case of illness or other emergencies, advising students confronted with personal problems.
All regular, full-time Tulane University faculty are eligible who hold a the following academic titles: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Professor of Practice and Senior Professor Practice.
- Any member of the Tulane University community may submit a nomination. Nominations are due by: 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2019.
- Students may nominate more than one professor. Please fill out a separate form for each professor you wish to nominate.
- The Weiss award requires one to two letters of support from members of the faculty or staff, and no more than six letters of support from current or former undergraduate students. If you know the names and emails of supporting faculty, staff, or students, please include them on the nomination form.
- The committee will review the nominations and select a group of finalists, who will be asked to submit their teaching portfolios/dossiers, via Interfolio. The committee may also seek additional recommendations, if needed.
NOTE: A precondition for any award nominee/recipient is that the faculty member MUST be present at Commencement.
Nominations should be submitted electronically via the following online form:
Weiss Presidential Fellowship Nomination Form
For further information, please contact Antoinette Mills (email@example.com or call 504-314-2874).
Click here for more information on the Weiss Presidential Fellowship for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, as well as a list of previous award winners.